Workforce & Major Employers
The success of the companies located at the Port of Little Rock is directly tied to the smart, hard-working people of the Little Rock area. Having exceptional transportation infrastructure in place doesn’t matter if your materials or products don’t arrive to every destination on time and with the quality that represents your company. We’re proud of each employee that works for the businesses located at the Port of Little Rock and invite you to join us.
- The labor market area for the Port of Little Rock has a population of more than 785,000
- The median age within the labor market area is 37.3
- Companies located at the Port of Little Rock attract workers from multiple counties across the region
- There are more than 38,700 manufacturing and transportation/warehousing jobs in the labor market area
- From urban living to outdoor recreation, the Little Rock area offers a unique work/life balance that keeps the workforce energized and focused
- The labor market area includes the following counties: Faulkner County, Jefferson County, Lonoke County, Pulaski County and Saline County
Workforce Training Partners
While diverse in their operations, the more than 40 companies at the Port of Little Rock enjoy the benefits of the Port’s continued investment in infrastructure and logistics management. Centered in the heart of the nation, connected by a robust intermodal transportation system, and imbued with the resources and manpower to get things done, the Port of Little Rock makes “All Points Possible” for these companies and many more.